Me and my wild childhood 🐢

Wildlife inside my house was always pleasurable indeed but their sudden appearance sometimes more horrible than our imagination . In the late eighties and ninety when I with my parents and elder brother lived in the heart of the Lakhimpur city at well wooded forest colony's quarter number six . My father was an employee of the forest department so it benefited to me very much . As the monsoon approached and the heavy downpour had began at that time , the most Scarry moment awaited us to  prepared to welcomed the wild guest inside our rooms and lawns . Medium size Tortoise sometimes viewed by us inside the open lawn of our house and as due to curiosity when I touched it then it insert its head and limbs into their shell . And the black Scorpions were not the guest but the host of our house and I remembered we daily encountered them and never get injected by it . However the red ants many times felt us the pain by its sting and it was very painful experience for me and my family too . Their army was well managed and it attacked on us when we put the leg or hand on it . But as the night falls our surrounding was filled by the twinkling green cool lights of fireflies . And many times this small insects rewarded me when they crawled onto my shoulders and hands . Due to lot of Electric shutdowns as we lit on the lamp , the swarms of a large of insects begins to circled it . Mayflies always eye-catching to me . Besides these animals the sudden appearance of Black Krait snake changed the view of that time . We started to sent out of our rooms and lawns but in my life we saw many varieties of snakes at forest colony. Although all or not venomous but during that durations our fear reached its apex . The wild cat was the regular visitor at midnight to suck milk from the  pot and ate food accessible to its reach . And when the male cat fight with female one at that time we faced too disturbing due to lot of noise beyond the cricket's continued calls . The noise of spotted owlet was also very obvious as they are on the hunt of rodents . Fruit bats hanged in the daylight on the wire passed over our house  . Sometimes they also fell down to the land and once again due to curiosity we picked up in our hand to put aside the right place . Rehsus  Monkey group attacked to our kitchen was very usual thing and we were also normalized with it . The lot of birds were the regular host of our quarter and  for me as a birdwatcher that time was the golden era of my life . I can't explained it in the words . Winter time many hill birds visited the colony and the large flocks of Blossom headed , Alexanderine and rose ringed parakeet passed whole day on the guava , peach trees at our lawn . Butterflies catching in a midday was very remembering moment of my childhood . I have a lot of permanent memories when we were too close to natural wild world and that glorious time was very favorite to me especially because here I bend to nature and get attached for the entire life . Now I indeed thanks to our lord who gave me a chance to understand their awesome creation . 🐛🐜🐝🐀🐢🐦
© Uruj Shahid   
© Photo copyright goes to its respective owners 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Journey - Meter Gauge Railway

Education is the solution 🎭

My Life Story 🚵 - Part 3