Forest Colony Diary - 1 🐍🐸

The place which I like the most and never forgotten by my mind was indeed  my birth place where I had spent almost twenty years from the Childhood to the young age and those memories always hanging around me and I have decided to filled all these remembering into the treasure of words through my blog .
In my earlier blog I have been already told that the Forest colony in the Lakhimpur district of Uttar Pradesh was the place to where I gathered all the wonderful memories Since the early 1980s to the later 1999s .
In fact the forest colony was the platform from where on those days I had learned how to live in the lap of nature and also how to delivered the reaction when the wild animals were very closer .
It was almost the dusk time and in front of my quarter house there was a temple nearby the forest nursery where for the first time I had astounded because what I saw there was never saw before .
More than twenty checkered keelback or Asiatic water snake (Xenochrophis piscator) were collectively lie down in front of my eyes and I was stood too close to them and according to my knowledge they were all the baby serpents which had recently came out from their hole to dispersed into the locality of forest colony where in center of that there was also one small pond .
The area of our colony was actually the most accurate haven of reptiles and amphibians , where one could explored the large varieties of it day and night .
As the rainy season approached on those days they were all wandered around and some of concealed themselves inside at the dark corners of our house .
We had the small cage in which we pet the two pairs of Red Munia at that time and one day an unidentified snake species to me during the daytime at the inner courtyard of our house at forest colony in front of us gulped the two munia birds by inserted its head inside the cage . We were shocked for the moment but sooner we reacted and it easily crawled out .
The population of frogs and toads was quite good there and it was enough to snakes crawled in search of meal . Black Krait and many other species like cobra rarely encountered by me at that dense vegetated area of forest colony .
During the monsoon seasons the mating calls of the frogs echoed all the way in those days and we were habitual of that and many times we took them in our hands without any fear reactions .
Only the snakes were the creatures those scared us but in our life passed there no one got harmed by its bite in spite of so many close encounters by them .
There are many tales to tell so it would be continued in our next blog 🐝

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Our Journey - Meter Gauge Railway

Education is the solution 🎭

My Life Story 🚵 - Part 3